Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An interesting quote I read..

"Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident."

-St. Agustine


In class. Probably go into this later..

edit




I feel numb as of late. Hours and days drone on as if I'm waiting for something special to happen. I feel like I'm dissonant from myself, like my soul is standing behind me while my body acts in a lethargic state.

Uncertainty has been creeping up on me. My plan was always undergrad, grad, work. Now that I've put grad school on hold, I don't know where I should work, or even if I'll get work for that matter. I'm so indecisive about life...

I could be a great chef or journalist or food critic. I think I could have been great at art and photography too. I could be a great businessman. And I think I have an equal opportunity at succeeding at all. Did I pick the right profession?

The only thing I'm decisive about is the fact that I'm indecisive. Or am I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's all right to be indecisive. just not TOO indecisive. i definitely know what i'm talking about since i'm one of the extremely indecisive people. =P just do what you want.